I just returned from Fincon, the annual conference for financial bloggers and other folks who write about money. After a week in New Orleans with my colleagues, I’m inspired to become a better blogger. For me, that’s going to be easy. It just means I have to post more regularly around here!
As part of that, I’ve begun to do something I threatened to do several months ago. I’m consolidating my writing into one place. Instead of having dozens of blogs scattered across the internet, I’m compressing many of them into this single site. That means moving old articles from those places to here.
My hope is that this doesn’t create a deluge in your inbox and RSS feeds. As I move these articles over, I’m giving them their original dates. I hope that means they don’t get published as new, but I could be wrong. I’m also moving many at once so that if they do get pushed out in email, they all get pushed in one giant email on the same day. I apologize for any inconvenience.
The first articles I’m moving over here are from Far Away Places, my defunct travel blog. That blog has been broken for years, and people can’t even view the past posts. Plus, Kim and I want to use that domain for an upcoming project. (I’ve told many of you about this project in person, but I’m not ready to publicize it on the web. Soon though!)
In case you’re curious, here’s a list of the 22 articles I moved over yesterday:
- 04 Jul 2011 — Where I’m Starting From
- 11 Jul 2011 — The Art of Waiting
- 19 Jul 2011 — A Chance Encounter
- 27 Jul 2011 — Hiking from Lake Louise to the Lake Agnes Teahouse
- 08 Aug 2011 — Gencon Indy 2011
- 16 Aug 2011 — How to Learn Spanish — Fast!
- 21 Aug 2011 — Niall Doherty Practices Spanish
- 02 Oct 2011 — Destination: Peru!
- 05 Oct 2011 — How NOT to Take a Taxi in Lima
- 06 Oct 2011 — Exploring Lima, Peru: Plaza de Armas
- 07 Oct 2011 — Exploring Lima, Peru: The Cats of Miraflores
- 08 Oct 2011 — Exploring Cuzco, Peru: A Photographic Tour
- 09 Oct 2011 — Exploring Ollantaytambo, Peru: Photo Highlights
- 10 Oct 2011 — How Much Spanish Do You Need in Peru?
- 13 Oct 2011 — North Korea Tourist Photography
- 15 Oct 2011 — In Praise of Wool: Fabric of the Gods
- 18 Oct 2011 — One Day in Peru (this is probably my favorite of the Peru posts)
- 25 Oct 2011 — Exploring La Paz, Bolivia
- 27 Oct 2011 — Trekking in Peru and Bolivia: A Beginner’s Guide
- 31 Oct 2011 — A Culinary Tour of Lima, Peru
- 12 Nov 2011 — Animals in Peru
- 22 Feb 2012 — Hiking to Torres del paine
I’m not sure which articles I’ll move next. There’s no rush, of course. And if all of this flooded your inboxes, I might actually put the project on hold. I’m hopeful, though, that this is a way to consolidate all of my online writing in one place!
Please let me know if this process was a problem from your end…