I apologize for being scarce around here lately. I’m still mostly in sick mode, and don’t have a lot to write about other than being sick, and that’s not exactly interesting.
- I still have a hacking cough and gunk in my lungs. It sucks.
- On positive side effect of my illness was a loss of appetite and a subsequent loss of five pounds. Through sheer force of will, I am eating again, though I’m not really hungry. (I stopped by for a hot fudge sundae on my way home from work today as a method of obtaining more calories; I couldn’t finish the small dish of ice cream.)
- There was an afternoon this weekend, when I was still feverish and stoned out on the vicodin, when a brief walk with Kris outside was a senses-shattering experience. The birdsong, the color, the feel of the grass on my feet: everything was bright and new and amazing. It was like seeing the world for the first time.
- Last Tuesday, before I realized I was sick, I started to fix this site’s layout for Internet Explorer in Windows. I’m afraid that I simply made things worse before losing the thread of my plans, and now I don’t know what I had been doing. It’s VERY likely that I’m just going to implement a new site layout, one closer to the same thing that everyone else in the world uses. One the bright side, this will allow me to post more, smaller entries. Is that good? Bad?
- I’m actually working on two or three largish entries, which is part of why I haven’t posted.
Tomorrow I’ll go for a walk with Jason. I may also see some more customers. ANY human interaction will bring a desire to share stories and to write a new weblog entry. That’d be good, eh?